Joseph Dodds, PhD is a Chartered Scientist (CSci) with the Science Council UK, a Clinical Neuropsychoanalyst (Clinical Fellow) of the International Neuropsychoanalysis Society, and a senior lecturer in psychology and psychoanalysis at the Anglo-American University, the University of New York in Prague, and the Centre for Leadership and Affective Neuroscience (C-LAN), and offers private courses, workshops and training at the Prague Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies.
Joseph Dodds has two decades of experience working with a variety of disorders, drawing on a range of psychological and psychotherapeutic approaches. After completing a BSc in Psychology and Neuroscience in 1999 from Manchester University, in 2002 he earned a distinction in his MA in Psychoanalytic Studies at Sheffield University’s School of Health and Related Research, where he subsequently completed an MPhil in Psychoanalysis in 2010. He graduated with a PhD in Psychology from the University of Bolton in 2013 and qualified as a psychoanalyst in 2016 with the Czech Psychoanalytical Society (IPA). He has completed numerous postgraduate clinical psychotherapy and counselling qualifications including Diplomas in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and in Addiction Counselling from the University of West of Scotland/Institute of Counselling.
Dr Dodds is an active member of numerous professional and scientific organisations and societies and his current research interests include the increasingly productive dialogue between psychoanalysis and the neurosciences, as well as the application of psychological and psychoanalytic insight into the domains of culture, society, art, film and ecology. He has previously worked at the Ellern Mede Centre for Young People With Eating Disorders in London, at Charles University in Prague, and at Terapie.Info in Prague.
- Dodds, J (2022c) Dancing at the End of the World? Psychoanalysis, climate change, and joy. Journal of Analytical Psychology, 2022, 67, 5, 1-13. DOI: 10.1111/1468-5922.12857.
- Dodds, J (2022b) Ecopsychoanalysis, in Govrin, A. and Caspi, T. (2022) The Routledge International Handbook of Philosophy and Psychoanalysis. 508-522. Routledge.
- Dodds, J. (2022a) Ecopsychoanalysis, Complexity and a Nonlinear Earth, in Turz, J. and Gargiulo, G. (Eds.) (2022) Enriching Psychoanalysis: Integrating Concepts from Contemporary Science and Philosophy, 68-86. Routledge.
- Dodds, J (2021b) The Psychology of Climate Anxiety. Bulletin of the British Journal of Psychiatry, 2021. doi:10.1192/bjb.2021.18
- Dodds, J. and Poenaru, L. (2021) The Future of Psychoanalysis at the Edge of Chaos. In Analysis, 1, 2021.
- Dodds, J (2021a) Catastrofe Natural: El ecopsychoanalysis y el siniestro virus del COVID-19. Temas de Psicoanalysis, no.21, 2021
- Dodds, J (2020b) Future Perfect. Foam Magazine #57: In Limbo. 265-280. EAN 8710966455234-00057. ISSN 0966-5551.
- Dodds, J (2020a) Elemental Catastrophe: ecopsychoanalysis and the viral uncanny of COVID-19. Stillpoint Magazine. Issue 004: Apocalypse.
- Dodds, J (2019b) ‘Between art, mind and nature: ecopsychoanalytic reflections on Jaro Varga’s ‘We don’t know that we know‘. Exhibition Text, Hunthastner, Prague.
- Dodds, J (2019a) Otto Fenichel and Ecopsychoanalysis in the Anthropocene. Psychoanalytic Perspectives 16:2, 195-207, DOI: 10.1080/1551806X.2019.1601921
- Dodds, J (2013) Minding the Ecological Body: Ecopsychoanalysis and Neuropsychoanalysis. Frontiers in Psychology. 4:125. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00125
- Dodds, J. (2012c) Animal Totem and Taboos: An Ecopsychoanalytic Perspective. Psyart Journal for the Psychological Study of the Arts. November 26, 2012
- Dodds, J (2012b) Farewell Lucian Freud (1922-2011): Master Painter of the Subjective Body. Psyart Journal for the Psychological Study of the Arts. January 17, 2012
- Dodds, J (2012a) The Ecology of Phantasy: Ecopsychoanalysis and the three ecologies, in Rust, M-J. & Totton, N. (2012) Vital Signs: Psychological Responses to Ecological Crisis. Karnac
- Dodds, J (2011d) Rozloučení s Lucianem Freudem (1922–2011), mistrem malby subjektivního těla. Revue Psychoanalytická Psychoterapie. 2011XIII/2 zima. Čas v psychoanalyze.
- Dodds, J (2011c) Psychoanalýza a klimatická změna: nový pohled na tři ekologie (Psychoanalysis and Climate Change: Re-Thinking the Three Ecologies). Revue Psychoanalytická Psychoterapie. 2011XIII/2 zima. Čas v psychoanalyze.
- Dodds, J (2011b) Psychoanalysis and Ecology at the Edge of Chaos: complexity theory, Deleuze|Guattari, and psychoanalysis for a climate in crisis. Routledge
- Dodds, J (2011a) The Monstrous Brain: A Neuropsychoanalytic Aesthetics of Horror. Psyart Journal for the Psychological Study of the Arts
- Dodds, J (2010) Affective Finance: Psychoanalysis and the Economic Crisis. The Living Document: Journal of the Institute of Counseling. Winter 201. Vol. 3 No. 3. pp14-17
- Dodds, J (2009b) Prague Neuropsychoanalysis Group: From Moravian Screen Memories to Groups, Complexity, Psychosomatics and Bi-Logic. Neuropsychoanalysis Vol 11. Issue 1, 141
- Dodds, J (2009a) Artificial Group Psychodynamics: Emergence of the Collective. Simulating the Mind: a technical neuropsychoanalytic approach. Springer: Wien, New York. pp.347-366
- Dodds, J (2008) Od psychosomatiky k neuropsychoanalýze: Přínos pařížské školy (From Psychosomatics to Neuropsychoanalysis: Contributions of the Paris School). Revue Psychoanalytická Psychoterapie. 2008 X/2 zima. Moderní psychoanalýza II (francouzská psychoanalýza). Teorie, klinika, umění a filozofie. pp76-912:.